2016 May - NSW Pet Registry is being updated
The public will have access to the new online register to update their contact details, change pet ownership and pay their lifetime registration fees online.
1. From 4 July 2016, vets will be able to enter animal details directly to the registry at the time of micro-chipping
2. Data entry has been minimised and streamlined for vets adding pets to the register
3. Vets will now be given both Authorised Identifier and Approved Person access
This will help return more lost pets to their owners
Vets will also be able to update a pet’s status - home/missing/deceased on behalf of an owner
4. Vets will be able to create and update their own details (user profile) on the register
5. Vets will be able to use their existing CAR login details to log in to the new register website from 4 July 2016
Paper forms mirroring the online registration details will be available for download so practitioners can add information to the register shortly before or after consultations.
The paper based system will be eventually phased out
The upgrades to the register are designed to improve the accuracy of records so more pets can be returned to their owners.