2017 December - Human therapeutic products allowed for veterinary use by APVMA
The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) has recently issued a permit allowing for a number products registered by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to be used in animals.
Permit 13662 now allows use of the following products for animal treatment:
- Mexiletine hydrochloride USP (TEVA), containing either 100mg, 150mg, 200mg or 250 mg Mexiletine Hydrochloride USP per capsule.
- Succicaptal capsules, containing 200mg Dimercaptosuccinic acid (succimer, DMSA) per capsule
- Thiola tablets and Captimer tablets, containing 100mg Tiopronin per tablet
- Pyrazinamide tablets, containing 500mg Pyrazinamide per tablet
- Cycloblastin tablets and Edoxan tablets, containing 50mg Cyclophosphamide anhydrous ANHYDROUS
- Oncaspar (Pegaspargase) 3750 I.U. 5 mL injectable
- Sii BCG Vaccine and Biomed-Lublin BCG 10 AntiTuberculosis Vaccine
- Enlon containing 150mg Endrophonium chloride /15mL injection