Issue 51 - Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE) Surveillance Program
Important information for Production Animal Veterinarians:
- The TSE Program is an important for market access
- Some years ago, NSW and Australia struggled to meet the targets for surveillance of clinical animals, particularly sheep
- District and private veterinarians in NSW have done an excellent job in promoting the program with farmers and submitting samples for TSE exclusion
- Animal Health Australia have placed limits on the number of submissions from NSW (and other states)
- The DPI web site has some important updated information regarding eligibility that production animal veterinarians looking to submit samples for the TSE program need to comply with.