NSW Victorian Border Permits


Permits have been introduced under the Public Health (COVID 19 Border Control) Order 2020 to assist with controlling the spread of COVID 19 from Victoria to NSW. 

Importantly, veterinarians, their staff and clients who are usually residents of a border commuity are eligible to apply for a permit to travel from Victoria to NSW if they have reasonable cause to travel in the ordinary course of their work, education or daily life. 

Permits are also available for persons who provide critical services, which include agriculture.

Employers will need a COVID 19 safety plan so that staff issued with a permit will not be required to self isolate after entering NSW.

Further information is available from Service NSW and permit applications will be available (also from Service NSW) from 5 pm Thursday 9 July 2020.


This news article was published on 09 July 2020.