- Veterinarians may wish to remove themselves from the Register if:
- Their principal place of residence is not within NSW
- They will not be practising veterinary science for an extended period of time
- They are retiring from veterinary practice (retired veterinarians may also be eligible for Honorary Registration)
- Veterinarians who remain on the Register in NSW are required to submit an Annual Return and pay an Annual Registration Fee (unless Honorary Registrants) even if they are not working in NSW
- Veterinarians who remain on the Register in NSW must meet Continuing Professional Development requirements even if they are not working in NSW unless they have been granted non-practising conditions
- Veterinarians planning to work outside NSW should view information on our website under Register outside NSW
- Failure to request voluntary removal may incurr a penalty fee when the vetereinarian wishes to be restored to the register.